2021 Virtual Attendee Guide
AAAM 65th Annual Scientific Conference
Tuesday, October 19 – Friday, October 22, 2021
Our virtual event platform will be your gateway to education and networking at AAAM’s virtual Scientific Conference. This quick guide will help you maximize your experience during the event. If you have not received an email with your login credentials by the end of Monday, October 18, please contact the AAAM office at email@example.com. (Pro tip: check your SPAM/Junk folder if it’s not in your inbox.)
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-596-5214.
Accessing the Platform
You will receive an email from email@example.com with your link to the virtual event platform. This link is unique to you and should not be shared with anyone. It grants you access to the sessions and tracks your attendance.
If you would like to share the event with a colleague, please register them here. Each attendee must be registered separately. You will not be permitted to access the live sessions via the same link on multiple devices.
We recommend opening the platform in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari. Other browsers, such as Internet Explorer, may not be compatible with the platform. Using Internet Explorer can result in content failing to load and your attendance not being tracked.
We recommend going to the Zoom Download Center before the event to download and install Zoom Client for Meetings. After installing, join a test Zoom meeting to confirm that your microphone and speakers are working properly.
If you do not install the Zoom app before the event, you will be prompted to do so when you join your first live session. Note that it may take a few minutes to download and install the app, delaying your access to the session.
JOINING A SESSION
To join a session, please follow these steps:
- Open the virtual platform and click Conference Schedule, followed by Zoom links for Sessions in the menu.
- Click Attend next to the session name to open the session portal.
- Click Join Meeting or Join Webinar to launch Zoom. The button text will vary depending on setup.
What to Expect
- The sessions will take place via Zoom webinar.
- As much as we would love to be able to see your faces, attendees won’t be able to have video or audio enabled during the content sessions.
- If you have questions for our presenters, please type them into the Q&A. You can up-vote questions by clicking the thumbs up icon underneath the question you want answered – this will help the moderator navigate the Q&A for the presenter. You can switch views between “All Questions” or “My Questions” by clicking the Q&A tab.
- You can engage with other attendees using the chat feature.
- Please adhere to our AAAM Code of Conduct which can be found here.
- AAAM staff will be available during the event. Please contact staff through the Q&A or chat box on the Zoom platform. Alternatively, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-596-5214.