Announcing New AIS Licensing Fees
We heard what you had to say and recognized the needs and challenges of the current user and trauma coding software. As a result, we have a new version that improves upon the previous version.
A license is necessary for individuals and organizations using the AIS for research purposes in their databases and we offer a range of options for OEM and Non-OEM.
The AIS 2015 is the property of and copyrighted by the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM). To obtain additional information for an AIS License please fill out the form below and click Submit. The AAAM office will review the information with appropriate leadership and respond in 2 – 4 business days.
New Benefits of AIS15
- Continues to refine the injury descriptions so they are capable of describing the threat to life as well
as impairment and functional capacity.
- Addresses feedback from users regarding coding issues in various sections of the dictionary
including, but not limited to, diffuse axonal injury (DAI) and spinal injury classification.
- Revises the necessary injury descriptors to be more specific, providing the level of detail
engineers need to focus on injury prevention technologies and better understand injuries types
to make system design changes.
- Addresses compatibility issues with ICD versions.
- Continues to enhance the dictionary for coding military combat injuries through updates to the
type or level of injury.
- Links to and provides comparability with other existing injury scoring systems (Organ Injury
Scale, International Standards for Neurological Classification of Spinal Cord Injury, the fracture
- Develops better compatibility between more or less injury data.
- Facilitates coder accuracy and intercoder reliability by providing extensive coding rules and
instructions throughout the dictionary.
Commercial (OEM) License Fees for AIS, supporting trauma registry providers [OEM License Fees: software, trauma registry developers]
|Registry Type||Base Fee|
|National trauma registry||$6,000 for 3 years (or $2,000 a year)|
|State trauma registry or aggregate registry system*
Single site licenses
|$3,000 for 3 years (or $1,000 a year)|
Multiple site licenses
|$6,000 for 3 years (or $2,000 a year)|
|Annual License Fee||$500/year|
Non-Commercial (Non-OEM) License Fee* for AIS, supporting trauma registry products and other databases: trauma registries, research center, and academia [Non-OEM License Fees (NHTSA, ACS/COT, healthcare institutions)]
|Registry Type||Base Fee|
|Aggregate trauma system
Ex: Multiple sites with one or more users per site within or across state, province or equivalent
|$3,000 for 3 years or $1000 a year per version of AIS|
|Single-User or single-site and one-time/individual per research project||$500 for 3 years per version of AIS|